General Reentry Standards
BHCLR offers students one opportunity to apply for reentry if the student was unsuccessful in a course or had to withdraw due to personal, health or other reasons. Reentry is not guaranteed. Reentry requests are evaluated based on space and/or student performance.
The Schools of Allied Health and School of Practical Nursing evaluate students for reentry on an individual basis through application to the Program Director and/or Coordinator.
The School of Nursing evaluates students for reentry utilizing the following process:
- Students who withdraw from all courses by the Voluntary Withdrawal Date are eligible to apply to reenter the next, upcoming semester. Because there is a break in enrollment, a reentry application, official transcripts, background screenings, registrar check, welcome day attendance, and all other appropriate incoming student processes are required by established deadlines. Completed files are forwarded to the Reentry Selection Committee.
- Students who withdraw from one or more courses by the Voluntary Withdrawal Date and successfully complete their remaining courses are eligible to reenter the next, upcoming semester. Students submit a Withdrawal Request Form and note their desire to reenter. The reentry checklist is completed by Enrollment Services and complete files are forwarded to the Reentry Selection Committee.
- Students who are unsuccessful in one or more courses (D, F or WX) are eligible to apply to reenter the next, upcoming semester provided they meet application deadlines. Students submit a reentry application. The reentry checklist is completed by Enrollment Services and complete files are forwarded to the Reentry Selection Committee.
- Students who miss the application deadline will be eligible to apply for the next semester.
- Students who pause enrollment for one year or longer are eligible to apply for entry at the Freshman level.
- If selected, reentry students are under probation with required terms and remediation.
- The Reentry Selection Committee will review each student’s request with respect to space availability, will consider attendance, conduct and academic and clinical performance for students who earned a D, F or WX and make all academic course plans.
- The Reentry Selection Committee will not review a student’s reentry application file if the student has an incomplete grade, is in active grievance, and/or has an outstanding balance.