Under the supervision of a registered nurse, a licensed practical nurse provides direct patient bedside care such as personal hygiene, treatments, and medication administration.
- 2 Semesters in length
- Classes begin in January and July
- The admissions selection review begins upon receipt of all required items
Below are the minimum requirements for Practical Nursing. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance. Applicants are ranked based on overall academic history. It is the applicants responsibility to turn in all required items for the program application process. Any additional requirements will be listed on your MYBHCLR account.
- Completed online application
- Must be a high school graduate or have a GED and submit official high school or GED transcript.
- Must submit Official transcripts from ALL previously attended institutions.
- Anatomy and Physiology I with Laboratory (4 credit hours) must be completed to begin the program of study. This course must be completed or in progress at the time of application.
- Anatomy and Physiology II with Laboratory (4 credit hours) is required to progress through the program of study. This course may be completed during the first semester of the program but applicants who have completed Anatomy and Physiology I & II (8 credit hours) are preferred
- The ATI TEAS Entrance Exam is required with a 50% minimum and 55% preferred composite score on the exam.
The ATI TEAS is a required test for applying to the Practical Nursing program. The ATI TEAS measures basic essential skills in the Academic content domains of Reading, Mathematics, Science and English language usage.
Please click here to access the frequently asked questions about the ATI TEAS.
Click here to apply now!
You will be in class 4 days per week.
A portion of this curriculum is offered online to a limited number of qualified students.
Please download the Nursing cost plan for estimated costs.
Please visit the US Department of Labor website to find out earning information.
For All Arkansas colleges, please refer to the Arkansas Course Transfer System (ACTS) for transferability. Please be sure to select the University of Arkansas – Pulaski Technical College as the “transfer to” institution. If you do not find your private institution listed or if your courses are from an out of state college, please email Stacey Sides at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.