Nurses provide and direct others in the provision of nursing care to patients in acute care settings and a variety of other healthcare agencies. Nurses work closely with physicians and other members of the healthcare team.
- The School of Nursing was the first program at BHCLR with five graduates in 1921
- The Traditional Track accepts two cohorts each year, a January start and a July start
- Most instructional weeks are four days per week
- The admissions selection review begins upon receipt of all required items
Traditional Track (AAS)
The Traditional Track begins twice a year and offers two options depending on the applicant’s college experience, particularly in the sciences.
- Traditional Track: Enter directly into the three semester nursing program with seven of the nine required general education courses which must include Comp I, Comp II, College Algebra, and all four required sciences with lab. (3 Semesters)
- Traditional Track plus Gen Ed Prep: Enter the program as a general education prep student with four of the nine general education courses which must include Comp I, College Algebra, Anatomy & Physiology I and one additional science course with lab. (4 Semesters)
Required College Courses for the Traditional Track (AAS)
The Arkansas Course Transfer System (ACTS) is a postsecondary education resource service that provides comparable course information to facilitate student transfer within Arkansas public colleges and universities. Where available, ACTS course numbers are included. See Arkansas Course Transfer System (ACTS) transfer student information for more information.Please be sure to select UA-PTC as the “transfer to” institution. All required college course must be completed with a C or better.
The nine (9) Required General Education Courses are:
|ENGL 1013||English Composition I|
|ENGL 1023||English Composition II|
|MATH 1103||College Algebra|
|BIOL 2404||Anatomy & Physiology I with Lab|
|BIOL 2414||Anatomy & Physiology II with Lab|
|BIOL 2004||Microbiology with Lab|
|CHEM 1214 or 1414||Chemistry with Lab|
Below are the minimum requirements for the Traditional Track. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance. Applicants are ranked based on overall academic history It is the applicant’s responsibility to turn in all required items for the program application process. Any additional requirements will be listed on your MYBHCLR Portal.
- Completed online application.
- Must be a high school graduate or have a GED and submit official high school or GED transcript.
- Must submit official transcripts from ALL previously attended institutions .
Entrance Exam Requirements
- The ATI TEAS Entrance Exam with a 60% minimum and 65% preferred composite score on the exam. ATI TEAS Scores must be no more than two (2) years old.
- ACT preferred minimum composite score of 19 or above and 16 or above is required in each subset. ACT test scores must be no more than ten (10) years old.
There is no minimum GPA requirement. Applicants are required to have a C or better in all required courses and applicants are ranked according to academic criteria, including GPA.
Selection of students is based on a comprehensive review and ranking of the applicant’s overall academic history. Factors evaluated include entrance exam scores, GPA in required courses, academic history in collegiate study and performance in other nursing programs.
The ATI TEAS is a required test for applying to the Nursing program. The ATI TEAS measures basic essential skills in the Academic content domains of Reading, Mathematics, Science and English language usage.
Please click here to access the frequently asked questions about the ATI TEAS.
Click here to apply now!
Yes, please see Credit by Exam Information for BHCLR (CLEP, AP and PLA)
Please see UA-PTC for more information.
Please download the Nursing cost plan for estimated costs.
For All Arkansas colleges, please refer to the Arkansas Course Transfer System (ACTS) for transferability. Please be sure to select the University of Arkansas – Pulaski Technical College as the “transfer to” institution. If you do not find your private institution listed or if your courses are from an out of state college, please email Stacey Sides at email@example.com for further assistance.