Welcome Incoming Students!
Students that are new to BHCLR are encouraged to view the following information:
- Business Office and Payment Information
- Financial Aid
- IT Services
- Immunization and CPR Information
- Technology requirements for Fall 2023
- Welcome Day Checklist
- BHCLR Organizational Chart
Online Readiness Assessment
The Online Readiness Assessment is required to be completed by students enrolled in either blended or full distance education courses. If you are unsure if you are enrolled in an online course, check the school catalog or contact your Program Director or Coordinator.
- Please print and complete the Online Readiness Assessment
- The purpose of the Online Readiness Assessment is to ensure you have the resources to be successful when taking an online course whether it is hybrid/blended or a full distance education course.
- Review your results and read the following two resources on how to be successful in an online course:
- Please sign and date the completed Online Readiness Assessment.
- Submit this copy to the course leader or program director of your blended or full distance education course.
- Once your academic advisor has been assigned, share results with them.
- Watch the seven Jenzabar videos as a beginning point to your orientation to navigate the MYBHCLR Portal.
General Education and Science Courses Information
BHCLR is partnered with Geneva College – Portage Division (portagelearning.com) to provide your remaining required general education course(s). Information regarding registration for any remaining course(s) will be provided to you on your scheduled Welcome Day.
Please check your MyBHCLR portal (Admissions/Check Applicant File Status/View Folder Items) to view any remaining required course(s) needed.
It is important that you continue to check your BHCLR student email in the coming weeks for updates.
For students enrolled in Medical Laboratory Science, Nuclear Medicine, Nursing Accelerated, Nursing Traditional, Practical Nursing and Radiography Programs, the BHCLR VITALS Course Material Program is for you!
VITALS: “Very Important Textbook and Learning Supplies”
At BHCLR, students don’t need to make separate purchases for textbooks—it’s all included through the VITALS program!
Created in partnership with Akademos, Inc., and powered by TextbookX, VITALS provides an innovative, personalized, and affordable course material solution for students. At the start of each qualifying term, students will receive the physical and digital course materials they need in order to succeed. Simple!
For our Patient Care Technician, Sleep Technology, and Surgical Technology Programs, your books will also be through our bookstore; however you will need to log in and order your books by visiting bhclr.textbookx.com. This is due to the small number of books required for the program.
Please do not hesitate to call the Business Office with any questions.
Jamie Clark, Ed.D, MBA
Coordinator, Campus and Financial Services