Welcome Incoming Students!
Students that are new to BHCLR are encouraged to view the following information:
- Business Office and Payment Information
- Financial Aid
- IT Services
- Immunization and CPR Information
- Technology requirements for Fall 2020
- BHCLR Organizational Chart
Online Readiness Assessment
The Online Readiness Assessment is required to be completed by students enrolled in either blended or full distance education courses. If you are unsure if you are enrolled in an online course, check the school catalog or contact your Program Director or Coordinator.
- Please print and complete the Online Readiness Assessment
- The purpose of the Online Readiness Assessment is to ensure you have the resources to be successful when taking an online course whether it is hybrid/blended or a full distance education course.
- Review your results and read the following two resources on how to be successful in an online course:
- Please sign and date the completed Online Readiness Assessment.
- Submit this copy to the course leader or program director of your blended or full distance education course.
- Once your academic advisor has been assigned, share results with them.
- Watch the seven Jenzabar videos as a beginning point to your orientation to Jenzabar
General Education and Science Courses Information
In addition to the information regarding Welcome Day, you should anticipate an email from UA – Pulaski Technical College, with whom we are partnered, to offer the general education and science courses required for your nursing program. Ms. Ashley Newman, Associate Director of Academic Advising, will assist you in registering for classes once your UA-PTC application is processed. If you have not attended UA-PTC in the last year, you will need to submit an application on their website (uaptc.edu) as a non-degree seeking student prior to your assigned Welcome Day. We will send them copies of all your required transcripts.
Please check your MyBHCLR portal (Admissions/Check Applicant File Status/View Folder Items) to view any remaining required course(s) needed.
Please continue to check your BHCLR student email in the coming weeks for updates.
Baptist Health College Little Rock (BHCLR) is proud to use Textbook Brokers as our textbook provider.
Textbook Brokers is located at 1924 S. University Avenue, next to Senior Tequila’s Shopping Center. Their phone number is 501-660-4300.
A few of the perks that Textbook Brokers offers are:
- A physical bookstore here in town, with books in stock.
- You will be able to buy used books in many cases.
- You will be able to sell their books back.
- You can receive a full refund during the first week of class.
- Quicker and easier payment options using financial aid.
- Books can still be purchased over the phone or reserved online at http://www.textbookbrokers.com/ . You can also have them shipped for an additional cost.
In order to purchase your textbooks, you will need to know the program you are in and the courses you are taking. Your courses are listed on your most recent statement of account. Pricing for BHCLR Textbooks can be found here.
If you receive Federal Financial Aid, you will be able to obtain a Book Voucher from the BHCLR Business Office. The voucher amount will be determined based on the amount of your excess financial aid and the maximum new cost of the book package.
Book Vouchers will be released starting May 1st for the fall semester and December 1st for the spring semester.
Please do not hesitate to call the Business Office with any questions.
Jamie Clark, Ed.D
Coordinator, Campus and Financial Services