Check-in begins at 7:30 AM on day of test. A current photo ID is required. Test begins promptly at 8:00 AM. Use the “West Entrance” (faces Bowman Rd)
*A current application for admission MUST be on file prior to testing, (dated within the last 12 months)
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE AN ACT RESIDUAL TESTING SITE; YOUR ACT SCORES CAN NOT BE TRANSFERRED TO ANY OTHER INSTITUTION.
ACT Testing Dates – 2023
8:00 AM-12:00 PM
|May||5 & 26|
|September||8 & 22|
- American College Test
- Required for admission to ALL programs regardless of previous educational experience
- 3 ½ hours in length
- $60.00 testing fee (due at time of registration)
- Applicants may reschedule ACT testing ONE time before forfeiture of testing fee
- Baptist Health College Little Rock is a residual ACT testing site. SCORES CAN NOT BE TRANSFERRED TO ANY OTHER INSTITUTION
- Application file will not be complete until satisfactory ACT score is submitted
- The Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) may be submitted in lieu of the ACT. The SAT is evaluated utilizing an ACT/SAT (Critical Reading + Math) concordance scale available on the ACT website. See the respective program director or coordinator for additional information
To sign up for testing at Baptist Health College Little Rock, please use the online testing registration form found here. If you do not wish to pay online, you can visit the BHCLR Business Office Monday-Friday between 7:30 am and 4:00 pm. If you have questions, call 501-202-7461 or 501-202-6075. Test registration and payment must be made by 3:00 pm on WEDNESDAY before the test date.
The testing fee to take the ACT on the BHCLR campus is $55.00.
Possibly, depending on the program to which you are making application. If you are applying for any Registered Nursing Track or the Practical Nursing program, your score will need to be less than ten (10) years old. If your score is over ten (10) years old, you will need to re-test regardless of any degrees or professional licenses held. If you are making application to any of our other programs, you will not need to re-test due to the age of your score. However, you may prefer to re-test for scholarship or admissions purposes.
No. Baptist Health College Little Rock does not accept the Compass Test. The only test that may be substituted for the ACT is the SAT.
Yes, BHCLR “superscores” the ACT by using the highest subset score from each test to calculate to create a new composite score.
You may take the ACT a total of 12 times. HOWEVER, YOU MUST WAIT 60 DAYS BETWEEN EACH TEST.
Yes, you may use a calculator. But, some calculators are prohibited. Click here to see which calculators are prohibited on the ACT.
Baptist Health will use your highest composite test score for admissions purposes. For nursing applicants, the score must be less than ten (10) years old.
The day of testing, you will need your Photo ID, an ACT approved calculator (if desired) and two #2 pencils. Wear layered, comfortable clothing and arrive at least thirty minutes before the test.
NO. Because Baptist Health College Little Rock is an ACT residual testing site, your ACT scores can not be transferred to any other institution. You can make an appointment with Student Services, at 501-202-7461, to view your ACT test scores.
Yes, the ACT/or SAT scores are used as part of the rating tool for our selection process.
When you come for testing
- A current school application MUST be on file in order to test
- Arrive 30 minutes before start of test (8:00 AM)
- Bring a current photo ID
- ACT approved calculator
- Bring two #2 pencils, sharpened – (MECHANICAL PENCILS ARE NOT ALLOWED)
- Wear layered clothing
- Use the “West Entrance” – (faces Bowman Road)